2023 ANA-LACC SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
Sweepstakes Entry Period: “2023 ANA-LACC” SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) ENTRIES ACCEPTED BETWEEN 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on December 1, 2023 and 5:00pm PT on December 3 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
Prize: One (1) winner will win roundtrip economy-class air transportation on ANA for two (2) from/to Los Angeles LAX airport and Tokyo (Narita or Haneda) airport (the “Prize” or “ANA Ticket”).
NOTE: Winner is responsible for the transportation arrangements and costs to/from LAX airport and place of departure/return.
All Nippon Airways, Co., Ltd. (“ANA” or “Sponsor”) with a business address at 630 Third Ave., N.Y., N.Y. 10017.
Eligibility Requirements for Entrants:
At the time of entry, each entrant must meet the eligibility requirements as follows:
- a badge holder for LA Comic Con (“LACC”) on any date between Dec. 1-3, 2023 (“Event”);
- 18 years of age or older; and
- a legal U.S resident with a verified address in the United States that is not a P.O. Box or military address.
- Employees of ANA, its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies and joint venture companies, as well as members of their immediate families and households (including children and siblings and persons living in the same household) are not eligible.
- Entrants may enter more than one ANA-sponsored sweepstakes or contest at a time; however, as described below, entrants who win an ANA-sponsored sweepstakes or contest will be disqualified from winning another ANA-sponsored sweepstakes or contest with an overlapping entry period.
How to Enter: During the Event, go to the Sweepstakes entry page found at https://www.anaexperienceclass.com/lacc2023 no later than 5:00pm (EST) on Dec. 3, 2023 (see ANA team member for assistance during ANA Booth hours).
Entry Conditions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to the requirements stated herein:
1) Entry Limit
Each entrant is permitted a total of one entry.
2) By entering the Sweepstakes each entrant must agree to the following:
- At the request of ANA, entrant must agree to sign an affidavit attesting to the truth of the facts in the entry, including but not limited to attesting that you are in fact the entrant of the entry.
- Sponsor is not responsible or liable for: lost, illegible, incomplete, mutilated or stolen entries; errors appearing on an entry form whether electronic or paper, within these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes related advertisements or on other materials; or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise.
- Entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, lost, tampered with, forged, misdirected, inaccurate, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- To enter the Sweepstakes, an entrant must submit all requested information on the entry form in English and entrant must be eligible to enter.
3) Selection of Winner
- No later than Dec. 20, 2023, the Prize winner and one (1) alternate winner will be selected by a random drawing from the eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period (“Drawing”).
- In order for the selected Prize winner to be declared a contest winner and be eligible to receive the entire prize, they must have complied with, and remain in compliance with, these rules, and must sign and deliver to ANA (within 10 days after ANA’s request) standard affidavit and release forms, which will include: an affidavit of the finalists’ compliance with these rules, an acceptance of the Prize as awarded, a publicity release, a liability release, and any other documentation that ANA may require (including documentation from parents or guardians of minors), all as described further below.
- A Prize winner will be disqualified if he/she is the winner of any sweepstakes or contest sponsored by ANA that was open to entries at any time during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- In the event the Prize is forfeited by the Prize winner for any reason including a failure to meet the requirements above and below, the Prize will be awarded to the selected alternate winner. If the alternate winner fails to claim, or otherwise forfeits, the Prize, then the unclaimed prize will not be awarded or, in ANA’s sole discretion, additional entrants may be drawn until the Prize is awarded. In all events, if the Prize is not claimed by 4:00 PM (PT) on February 12, 2024, the Prize will not be awarded.
- All decisions in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of valid entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. For example, if 500 valid entries are received, the odds of winning the Prize are 1-in-500.
- The Prize winner will be notified by e-mail (at the address provided in the entry form) promptly following the Drawing (the “Award Letter”). Sponsor shall have no liability for any Award Letter or other form of winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason.
- The Prize winner will be sent (via email and/or other method determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor) an affidavit of eligibility together with a liability/publicity release (“Affidavit and Release”).
- The Prize winner must complete and return (as directed by Sponsor) the Affidavit and Release unless restricted by law, which must be received by Sponsor no later than 10 days after the Affidavit and Release is sent to the winner (or such other time as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
- Additionally, any guest accompanying the Prize winner must complete, sign and return, where permitted by law, a Release, prior to issuance of travel documents. If any guest is a minor, a parent or legal guardian of the minor must sign the documents on the minor’s behalf and the minor must be accompanied by such parent or legal guardian.
- In addition, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential Prize winner may be disqualified and required to forfeit the Prize, and the Prize awarded to the alternate winner, if (1) a potential winner does not respond with all requested information to an email notification of the Award Letter within the required time; (2) an email notification of the Award Letter is returned as undeliverable after two (2) attempts; (3) a potential winner fails to complete, sign, notarize and return the required Affidavit and Release (and any other documents, if requested) within the required time; (4) any Award Letter, Prize notification, documentation, or Prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason; (5) a potential winner is ineligible or cannot be notified or contacted; (6) a potential winner is unable to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry (if requested); (7) a potential winner fails to respond to any requirement within the requested time period; or (8) a potential winner does not comply with the Sweepstakes’ entry requirements and/or these Official Rules. Proof of response by a potential winner does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not obligated to leave voice mail, or answering machine or other message with a potential winner regarding any requirement or his/her failure to respond promptly to any requirement.
- If a U.S. citizen or resident of the U.S. for tax purposes, before the Prize winner is entitled to receive the Prize, such winner is required to provide Sponsor with a valid, properly completed and executed IRS Form W-9 (in addition to any other requested information).
- ANA is not responsible or liable for any delay in its receipt of or failure to receive any required responses from the Prize winner, for any reason.
4) Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize:
- There is one prize to be awarded. The ARV of the ANA Ticket is approximately US$ $2,000.00 per ticket. The ANA Ticket winner will be notified of the ARV at time of ticketing.
5) Prize Restrictions and Fees Responsibility of Winner for ANA Ticket:
- All travel plans on the ANA Ticket for the Prize winner and accompanying guest must be made at one time through the ANA office designated in the Award Letter sent to the winner.
- Reservations for the roundtrip tickets must be made within four (4) weeks of the Prize winner’s receipt of the Award Letter and must be ticketed at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure.
- Travel departure for roundtrip tickets is available from January 1, 2024, and travel must be completed by Dec. 31, 2024. Roundtrip tickets require minimum stay of three (3) days and a maximum stay of one (1) month.
- Travel dates are subject to availability and holiday/blackout dates.
- All travel requests will be fulfilled based on availability.
- If the Prize winner is unable to make reservations within the required time period or travel within the date restrictions, the prize will be forfeited, and may be awarded to the alternate winner, but the reservations for the alternate winner must be (i) made within four (4) weeks of alternate winner’s receipt of his/her Award Letter with travel completed no later than Dec. 31, 2024 and (ii) ticketed at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure.
- Prize winner and accompanying guest must travel together on all flights associated with the ANA Ticket. The ANA Ticket is non-transferable, except to the extent that the winner may have one accompanying guest travel with the winner.
- Prize winner and accompanying guest are solely responsible for compliance with all required visa, immigration and customs requirements for travel to and from Japan. No refunds or rescheduling will be made if improper documentation or failure to comply with any of the rules and regulations of the travel provider results in denying boarding or entry, and the ANA Ticket will be forfeited.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, all expenses and applicable taxes or fees associated with the ANA Ticket or the use of the Prize are not included and will be the sole responsibility of the ANA Ticket winner.
- All travel costs, including but not limited to transportation, hotel and other costs, incurred by the winner and accompanying guest, to/from LAX airport and place of departure/return, as well as transportation, hotel and other costs, incurred by the winner and accompanying guest, in Japan shall be the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
- ANA Ticket does not include departure taxes, inspection fees, airport taxes, and luggage fees (if applicable) from and to LAX airport and Japan, and such taxes and fees are the responsibility of the Prize winner. Prize winner shall pay these taxes and fees by credit card in U.S. Dollars.
- ANA will determine, in its sole discretion, which ANA ticket office will issue the actual air travel tickets to the Prize winner.
- All applicable taxes apply to the ARV, including applicable federal, state, provincial, and local taxes. For U.S. citizens and U.S. residents for tax purposes, the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) requires ANA to issue and file with the IRS Form 1099-MISC for each recipient of a prize whose value is at least $600. Reporting of any other applicable tax and payment of any applicable tax is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
- The air travel tickets associated with the ANA Ticket are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-changeable once issued, and may not be used in conjunction with any other competition or offer. Upgrades and mileage credit are not permitted and tickets have no cash value other than fees paid once ticketed. No refunds or credit changes are allowed. If tickets are lost, stolen or expire prior to use (unless restricted by law), they will not be replaced. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted. All tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes
6) General Conditions:
- Any inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes or the Official Rules shall be made to the Sponsor address set forth above.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants and cannot be appealed.
- By entering, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Comikaze Entertainment Inc., LACC exhibition owner and sponsors, LACC venue owner, and the City of Los Angeles and their respective parent company, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries and advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone system, facsimile, technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections or transmission or other errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, costs, expenses or damages to person or property of any kind caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any prize or resulting from redemption, acceptance, possession, loss or use or misuse of any prize or from participating in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, human or technological errors in any material associated with the Sweepstakes.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred not to exceed One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, direct, indirect, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, arising out of entrant’s access to, use of, or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from any website associated with this Sweepstakes (“Website”).
- Without limiting the foregoing, everything on any Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- Limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages and/or exclusions of implied warranties are subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should an error, virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winner from the eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after the such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Sponsor may prohibit participant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning any prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Sponsor’s representatives.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that unless the entrant opts out, Sponsor and any of its designees may, without any limitation or further compensation, use his or her name, nick name, if any, voice, biographical data and/or likeness (“Personal Information”) in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Sweepstakes or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by ANA, or ANA’s services and products. By way of example and not limitation, each entrant understands and agrees that if he/she is selected as a winner, his/her Personal Information may be used by ANA to publicly announce the Sweepstakes’ winner on the Website and elsewhere.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and ANA in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. The courts of the State of New York, County of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction of any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules.
- These Official Rules are applicable only to entrants subject to the laws of the United States or Canada and the Sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law.
7) Winners/Official Rules:
For the name of the prize winner, available after January 15, 2024, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents need not affix return postage on requests for Official Rules) to: All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. at 630 Third Ave., N.Y., N.Y. 10017.. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners” of the 2023 ANA-LACC Sweepstakes. Requests must be received by Feb. 28, 2024.